Saturday, September 10, 2011

Veggie Calzone - Battista's

Veggie Calzone by raise my voice
Veggie Calzone, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I was attending the Kaleido Festival on Alberta Avenue this past weekend, and when it was time for lunch I decided to make the trek over to Battista's Calzones on 84 Street and 118 Avenue. I have heard so many things about Battista and Liv and their menu of calzones that it has been on my "try" list for months.

The trek was well worth it. Battista's has a small menu of different kinds of calzones (it's like a pizza, but folded over into a baked sandwich), including one dessert option (Nutella, for which I have a weakness). The Mama Mia, Battista's signature emeatball calzone, was sold out, so I had a veggie instead.

The whole garden showed up within an oozing filling of mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce. Extra marinara sauce was provided on the side for dipping the perfectly baked crust.

Not all calzones are created equal. Battista's are a cut above the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment