Friday, September 23, 2011

Burger and Fries - Rodeo Burger

Burger and Fries by raise my voice
Burger and Fries, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Rodeo Burger (8525B 112 Street) was where I went for supper yesterday evening. I wanted a burger, but not the everyday fast food variety.

The place was filled with students, which is no surprise since it is located a stone's throw away from the U of A campus. Burgers come in singles or doubles, and you get to choose your toppings. Some of the toppings are basics, like tomato and lettuce, while others are ones that anywhere else you would have to pay extra for, like sauteed mushrooms and carmelized onions. Of course, there are a few premium toppings that you do have to pay for, like cheese. The carmelized onions and mushrooms, plus mayo, are what I chose to adorn my patty.

The patty itself is nothing special. It is quite thin and has a spice that dominates the flavour (I think it is black pepper). If I knew how thin the patty would be, I would have ordered a double. There was a decent amount of toppings.

The best part of the meal for me was the fries. They were crispy and perfectly seasoned (you have a choice of seasoned or sea salt).

Rodeo Burger has one veggie burger plus several burgers that come in pre-determined configurations as far as toppings go. My combo, with a pop, cost less than $10 so it was quite economical. I was not blown away by Rodeo Burger, but I would go here again, if only for the fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment