Sunday, September 18, 2011

Breakfast for Supper: Sirloin Tips and Eggs

Sirloin Tips and Eggs by raise my voice
Sirloin Tips and Eggs, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I've been wanting to try IHOP ever since it came to Edmonton in December. However, I heard horror stories about waiting times both for seats and food. I finally decided to brave it on Saturday.

There was a moderate crowd, but the supepr rush was in full swing by the time I left. I opted to try a breakfast item, since pancakes and other carb-loaded items is supposedly what the American chain does best. Sirloin Tips and Eggs is certainly a unique take on steak and eggs: a mountain of juicy steak tips sauteed with onions and mushrooms in a tangy gravy, alongside two eggs, hashbrowns, and two pancakes. The pancakes and hasbrowns were perfect to absorb the egg yolks, which also mixed in with the gravy a bit - I almost wish the steak was served on a different plate as opposed to the pancakes.

Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great. I came away full. I would definitely come here again for a breakfast meal at any time of day, although I think Iw ill probably stick with something a bit more traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment