Sunday, September 25, 2011

Breakfast for Lunch: Grand Slam

Grand Slam by raise my voice
Grand Slam, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I was craving eggs. Fried eggs. Over-easy. Nothing makes me hungry like singing at a rally, so afterwards we headed over to nearby Denny's.

I had a choose-my-own Grand Slam, where I was able to pick four items: two eggs, hash browns, and English muffine (dry, of course), and two pieces of turkey bacon. For an additonal charge, I had another two pieces of turkey bacon added.

The turkey bacon had my friend intrigued, and when I gave him a taste, he was surprised at how much it actually tasted like the real thing. Except, in my case, it is a healthier, religiously-permissible option.

The English muffin was slightly toasted and absorbed the egg yolks perfectly. Ah, eggs - they made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment