Thursday, September 29, 2011

More Than a Latte

Latte by raise my voice
Latte, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is a place of decadence. For me, it is a place to revist a number of memories while enjoying the beautiful view of the River Valley on the patio.

The latte at the Hotel Macdonald is as decadent as its $6 price tag. It is a tall, frothy, layered beverage of espresso and steamed milk, served with a small biscotti and sugar on a stick. Oh, how I love to stir that sugar stick and lick the latte from its crystals. I think I feel a song coming on.

But I digress. I know it is a lot more expensive than lattes in regular cafes, but sometimes you just have to treat yourself. It's worth it. You're worth it. After all, you only live once. And that was what I was commemorating and celebrating with a visit to the Hotel Macdonald.

No comments:

Post a Comment