Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Frozen Yogurt at Tutti Frutti

Frozen Yogurt by raise my voice
Frozen Yogurt, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Frozen yogurt is a great mid-afternoon pick-me-up, especially on an unseasonably warm September afternoon. I was on Whyte Avenue and Tutti Frutti (10420 82 Avenue) caught my eye. I had heard a lot about this place, particularly the fact it is self-serve.

Upon arrival, I grabbed a bucket - I mean, a small cup - and started to fill it with several of the ten-ish available flavours. Chocolate, green tea, and taro made a colourful arrangement. Then, I topped it off with cashews, granola, and Smarties. I paid by the weight (it was just under $5) and sat down at one of the many tables in the open, bright space.

The green tea flavour was rather subtle, but the taro and chocolate really packed a kick. The taro tasted like bubble tea (when it is made from powder, not fresh taro) and the chocolate was as rich as ice cream (well, almost).

I was so overwhelmed by the selections at first, but making my own fro-yo creation was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment