Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Running Wild Salad

Running Wild Salad by raise my voice
Running Wild Salad, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

The Greenhouse has gourmet salads that are both from a fixed menu and customizable. I opted for an appetizer-sized salad, as I was in need of a mid-afternoon snack and wanted a healthier option than coffee and a muffin.

I picked "Running Wild," which is a colourful mix of grilled chicken breast, spinach, carrots, chickpeas, trail mix, boiled egg, quinoa, and sweet potato in a balsamic vinagrette. The price was a bit hard on the wallet, but it tasted great and as extremely fresh.

I found the quinoa was more for texture than flavour, while the hunk of sweet potato was perfectly grilled along with the chicken. Expensive, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment