Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Pho Files - Crystal BBQ Noodle House

Pho and Onion Cakes by raise my voice
Pho and Onion Cakes, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

This used to be the Jasmine Noodle House on 9645-101A Avenue. First, they need to change the signage. Second, they should focus on barbecue, because the pho was not great at all. We had high hopes since our appetizers were excellent (shrimp and pork salad rolls for my co-worker, and green onion cakes for me).

However, the pho was disappointing. The broth had no flavour. We were served no herbs alongside to even try to make up for it, and even when my co-worker poured salt and soy sauce into hers it remained bland. She commented that it was boiled water, meat, and noodles. My rare beef pho was served well done and had maybe six slices of meat in it. Her chicken was in little slivers and tasted processed.

Apparently, the menu shifts to barbecue for supper. I sincerely hope it is better than the pho served for lunch. We will likely never know, because it is doubtful we will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment