Sunday, August 28, 2011

How Sweet It Is - Eva Sweet Waffles

World Market by raise my voice
World Market, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I attended the World Market on Saturday, which was part of the East meets West festival in McCauley. As part of the festivities, a free Belgian waffle was offered to the first 100 attendees.

Free waffles were still available when I arrived, so I gladly took advantage especially when I saw they were being provided by Eva Sweet. I have been a fan of Eva Sweet and their waffle trucks for a while now, often enjoying one at City Market or other outdoor locations.

I usually get a plain vanilla waffle - today, I had it dressed up with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. The whipped cream melted into the hot waffle almost immediately, mixing with the sauce to form a unique syrup. The waffle was hot and crispy, with a sweet buttery taste.

I was in sweet heaven, and did not even know I spent the next couple of hours going around with a dot of chocolate on my cheek. It looked like a mole, so no one said anything. Oh well - it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment