Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fringe Festival 2011 - Green Onion Cake

Fringe Festival 2011 by raise my voice
Fringe Festival 2011, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

The Fringe is one of my favourite summer festivals. It also marks the end of the major summer festivals, so it is almost like a seasonal transition. This was my first year at the Fringe as a volunteer. I was part of the multimedia team, taking photos. Unfortunately, a bad cold forced me to cancel most of my shifts and did not allow me to visit the grounds as much as I normally like.

As a result, I did not eat as much festival food as normal, which was a shame because there were a lot of new and interesting choices. I did manage to swing an onion cake - they are almost obligatory. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, it is not quite as flavourful as the ones I order in Chinatown, but was satisfying nonetheless.

I'm already looking forward to hopefully being able to do more Fringing next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment