Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grilled Chicken Breast - Brewsters

Grilled Chicken Breast by raise my voice
Grilled Chicken Breast, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Brewsters is a regular stop for me, as there is one near where I live. Plus, I find their craft beer to be amongst the best I have ever tasted. After a long day of road trips and photography, Brewsters was the best way I could think of to unwind. I opted for the teriyaki grilled chicken, which was served with a corn salsa, basmati rice, and vegetables. The plate was warm, which helped retain the heat of the meal. It has been pointed out to me that many establishments serve hot food on cold dishes, thus compromising the temperature of the food.

The flavour combination was almost perfect, except Iwould have loved for a little more teriyaki sauce to go with the rice. I mixed in some of the salsa, which helped save it from dryness. The chicken breast was large and grilled to perfection, as it was quite juicy. As for the vegetables, I applaud Brewsters for using cauliflower instead of broccoli, which I also like, but is over-used by most restaurants. The beets were just soft enough without being overcooked and added bright colour to the plate, especially once I cut through them and unleashed their juices.

I paired my meal with a blueberry beer, which is a wheat beer topped with fresh blueberries. The flavour of the beer complemented the flavours of the dish very well.

Service, as always, was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment