Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Laksa Noodles at Fo Guang Tea House

Laksa Noodles by raise my voice
Laksa Noodles, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.
I hadn't been to the Fo Guang Tea House (10232 103 Street) in almost a year, so I decided to head back there yesterday in search of an economical vegetarian lunch.

All menu items are now $6 (up from $5) and prepared by volunteers in the Buddhist temple where the tea house operates Tuesday to Friday from noon to 2 p.m.

I opted for the Laksa noodles. The deep bowl of spicy broth (coconut curry with lots of heat) was full of noodles, a few pieces of tofu, and some imitation seafood towards the bottom. The serving was hearty - never having had Laksa before I did not know it would be so spicy, but the flavours really worked well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment