Sunday, August 5, 2012

Heritage Festival 2012: Beef Kebab and Plantain

Heritage Festival 2012 by raise my voice
Heritage Festival 2012, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.
I was intrigued by the delicious smells of grilled meat coming from the Afrika OYI pavilion, and saw the skewers being cooked on open grills. I also saw a lineup that was long, but manageable. I originally was only going to have a beef kebab, which featured seasoned chunks of meat for six tickets - a bit pricey for only one skewer, but very robust in flavour.

When I saw the caramelized plantain, I found myself craving some as well. So, for an additional six tickets I had a generous scoop of the banana-like fruit, which was cooked to a golden brown crust. The plantain was at once crispy, chewy, sweet, and savoury, depending on where I bit in. Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend's food.

No comments:

Post a Comment