Saturday, March 17, 2012

Marinara Pizza at Famoso

Marinara Pizza by raise my voice
Marinara Pizza, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Famoso has been on my foodie to-do list for some time now., I finally made it to the Whyte Avenue location for lunch today.

I have had thin crust pizzas before, but not done the way Famoso does them - 90 seconds in a blazingly hot pizza oven, Neopolitan style. I had a Marina pizza which is cheese-less. It was covered in Famoso's unique tomato sauce and sparingly adorned with roasted garlic, oregano, and basil leaves. The basil gave a flavourful kick, while the roasted garlic was perfectly not overpowering.

As promised, the crust was crispy towards the edge, with bubbles and slight charring, while quite moist in the middle, hence the suggestion to fold the pieces over onto themselves to make eating easier.

The pizza almost reminded me of a very wet bruschetta. It was light, but filling and the perfect pizza for one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment