Saturday, January 7, 2012

Breakfast for Lunch: Eggs and Pancakes

Eggs and Pancakes by raise my voice
Eggs and Pancakes, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Of all of the chain restaurants in Edmonton that serve breakfast, I think I like IHOP (3921 Calgary Trail) the best. I find the food of slightly higher quality, particularly the pancakes, which literally melt in my mouth.

Which is why I went for the eggs and pancake combo when I was there for lunch late last week. Two pancakes, two eggs, hash browns, and a choice of bacon or sausage. I asked for a turkey bacon substitution, which cost me an extra $1.29. That was my one problem with the meal - other restaurants do not charge for such a thing (like Denny's). But anyways . . .

I had my eggs over easy and I chose the blueberry pancakes. Wow. They were light, fluffy, and had large, juicy blueberries falling out of them. Definitely the highlight of the meal.

The poor man at the next table opted, for some reason, for toast instead of pancakes. When mine arrived, he had to apologize for staring, as he had a serious case of food envy. I resisted the urge to tell him afterwards that they tasted as good as they looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment