Friday, July 15, 2016

Original Hot Dog at Metro Billiards

Original hot dog #yegfood

A photo posted by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

I took a break from photographic duties the other evening to have a hot dog at Metro Billiards, which is conveniently located next door to Latitude 53, where I was shooting. Inexpensive and all-beef, I picked the Original which is loaded with mustard, ketchup, relish, white onions, and celery salt, on a toasted bun. While the hot dog could have been a bit hotter (I attribute this to the avalanche of cold condiments on top), it was big, tasted great, and sort of reminded me of a Fat Frank in flavour and texture. Where the meal fell down was with the sides. The coleslaw did not taste fresh at all, and the kettle chips were too salty and tasted burned. Even the ones that were not burned tasted burned. I think I am going to order fries next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment