Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Vegging Out: Padmanadi

Carrot Ginger Soup

A business lunch brought me to Padmanadi this week. I ordered off of the lunch menu and was surprised with a starter bowl of carrot ginger soup. The flavours were delicate, with the carrot providing sweetness and the ginger not overpowering.

Bean Curd Drumsticks

I was in need of a veggie meat fix, so ordered an appetizer of bean curd drumsticks. The "skin" was crispy and tasted rather authentic. The moist insides did not taste totally like chicken, but the texture and flavour were heading in the right direction.

Sweet and Sour Pork

The lunch menu consists of a number of Padmanadi's most famous main courses teamed up with rice, vegetables, and spring rolls. My generous portion of sweet and sour veggie pork filled whatever room I had left. Plenty of rice absorbed the delicious sweet and sour sauce. The spring rolls added some extra crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment