Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Breakfast for Lunch: Chicken and Waffles at CRAFT

Chicken and Waffles

I was hungry and thirsty between events on Sunday, and as I was in the Churchill Square area, headed to CRAFT Beer Market for the first time. I had a couple of the hundred or so beers on tap (nothing here is bottled) including a Steigl Radler Zitrone which is a fruit beer exclusive to CRAFT, and a Liefmans on the rocks - my favourite fruit beer.

CRAFT serves brunch on weekends until 2 p.m. My chicken and waffles had two chunks of breaded, fried chicken, four wedges of waffles that had some pepper in them to make them more savoury than sweet, and a garnish of fruit on a kebab skewer. I adored the little individual glass jar of maple syrup and the side of CRAFT hot sauce had a citrus kick - and major after burn. Use sparingly if you are sensitive to spice. My chicken was slightly over done on the outside, but was redeemed by the moist, juicy meat inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment