Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Signature French Fries

French Fry Duet by raise my voice
French Fry Duet, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Molly's Eats was one of the local food trucks feeding hungry people at the Edmonton Earth Day Festival on Sunday.

I decided to try their signature French fry duet - a large portion of both russet and sweet potatoes. The portion was great - I ended up sharing - and the sweet potatoes were perfectly sweet and not too starchy. That is one reason that, while I like sweet potatoes, I don't usually care for them in French fry form. They often don't taste much different than their non-sweet counterparts. But these were definitely distinctive.

The russets too, were tasty and the fries were all well-seasoned. I like my fries a little crispier than these, but it wasn't a huge deal. I would likely try these again at another time when there aren't dozens of people waiting for their food. I think the staff was a little overwhelmed.

1 comment:

  1. I love those fries!! Have you tried Drift Food truck's fries. Also very good (perhaps a nudge better)

    ReplyDelete