Saturday, November 5, 2011

Breakfast for Lunch: Two Eggs My Way at Early Bird Cafe

Two Eggs My Way by raise my voice
Two Eggs My Way, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Getting to Early Bird Cafe (102 Avenue and 97 Street) in time to order off their breakfast menu is a challange for me during the week, but not so on a Saturday when the menu is available until 2 p.m. (the lunch menu is available as well).

I wanted eggs, and that is exactly what I got: two eggs "my way" (which means over-easy), hash browns, and toast - for a mere $4.50. I could have gotten another eggo for another dollar. Another dollor or two would have gotten me some bacon.

No complaints - the eggs were perfect. The hash browns were the cubed variety and very nicely seasoned. The toast was, well, toast.

The breakfast menu is huge and has a lot of variety and low prices. Early Bird may very well become my regular Saturday brunch destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment