Sunday, November 15, 2015

Breakfast for Lunch: Steak and Eggs at The Pourhouse

Steak and eggs #yegfood

While looking around at brunch options while on Whyte Avenue over the weekend, I noticed that The Pourhouse Bier Bistro has a breakfast menu. I went for the steak and eggs, a favourite of mine (especially when I am very hungry). I think that was the largest steak I have ever had with this meal before. The eggs were done to perfection, and the potatoes were roasted with garlic, which got a bit more intense for me the more I ate of them. I would have preferred a smaller steak that was leaner - I found I was getting sidetracked with fat and gristle. However, this is a formidable plate for $17 and a must-try for brunch fans of the non-vegetarian kind. Plus, it is a very spacious place that is much quieter than other brunch places in the area. Definitely a best-kept secret of Whyte - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment