Sunday, January 5, 2014

Deccan Meatloaf at Naanolicious

Deccan Meatloaf by raise my voice
Deccan Meatloaf, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Naanolicious has a number of East Indian/Western fusion dishes, such as the Deccan meatloaf. Using flavours inspired by South India, the dense chunk of meat is covered in a rich coconut curry sauce. It is served with a pile of curried vegetables and a side of Bombay potatoes, which are basically sliced, seasoned potatoes. I personally found the meat to veggies ratio a little skewed in favour of veggies, although they were delicious. The meat is deceptively dense, and the sauce is so rich I could not even finish it with the naan I ordered on the side. If you are a lover of meatloaf, this one will throw you for a twist.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Paula. Looks promising and I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete