Saturday, March 16, 2013

Steak Sandwich at Tavern on Whyte

When the music from Blues on Whyte and Black Dog stopped ringing in my ears, I needed to go somewhere a little more quiet and enjoy a meal. I tried Tavern on Whyte (10507-82 Avenue) for the first time. The food was a little on the expensive side but the menu had a good variety.

My steak sandwich (around $15) was thick and cooked to perfection. I should not have shelled out the extra $1.50 on sauteed mushrooms and onions as the amount was really little more than a garnish and they did not really add much to the meal. The hand cut fries were indeed home made, but I kept tasting sugar amidst the light salt seasoning.

So overall the meal was not great but decent. I would possibly come here again to try something a little less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment