Saturday, December 22, 2012

Salmon at Murrieta's

I made my debut visit to Murrieta's Bar and Grill this evening. I had one of the sustainable fish dishes on the menu - salmon, to be specific. Salmon is one of my favourite fishes to eat and it has been a while since I have had it for dinner.

I chose the spicy maple ginger sauce (there are three choices, with bearnaise and lime salsa being the other two). I tasted more ginger than maple in the sauce, which gave the meal an Asian flavour. The salmon was perfectly done and fork tender, with just the right proportion of mashed potatoes and vegetables.

Before the meal, I was presented with complimentary focaccia bread. It was unlike any I had before - the bread was a sourdough.

Service was very friendly and reasonably speedy for a Saturday evening. Murrieta's is a very classy Whyte Avenue dining choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment