Monday, February 20, 2012

Chicken Vegetable Soup

Chicken Vegetable Soup by raise my voice
Chicken Vegetable Soup, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

As I was saying in my previous post, I had been walking for quite a while outdoors, I was hungry, and I stopped in to Wild Earth Cafe to have lunch. I ordered a chicken pot pie, but knew I needed something on the side to round out the meal.

I opted for a small bowl of one of the featured soups. It was chicken vegetable, and unlike any I have ever had. It contained a creative combination of seasonings (with a citrus flavour being dominant), along with a healthy dose of vegetables and a large amount of shredded chicken. Served hot with a piece of bread on the side, it was exactly what I needed on a winter's day.

For $4 I found the portion to be ample (a larger size is available for around $6 and would be a meal in itself).

No comments:

Post a Comment