Sunday, June 19, 2016

Appetizers: Smoked Salmon Spring Rolls and Zucchini Corn Fritters at Blue Plate Diner

Smoked salmon spring rolls #yegfood

A photo posted by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

Prior to an evening function I was filming a few weeks ago, I headed to Blue Plate Diner. Instead of having main course, I opted for two appetizers. My smoked salmon spring rolls were excellent in concept - crispy and packed with smoked salmon made in-house - but the salmon was so overpoweringly salty that I simply could not finish.

Zucchini and corn fritters #yegfood

A photo posted by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

The zucchini and corm fritters were much more mild in flavour, with the corn dominating and the zucchini adding a moist texture. Unfortunately, I also found the fritters to be rather greasy, an oily aftertaste lingering. They were so heavy that I also could not finish. I was overall quite disappointed in my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment