Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cheers! Beerlini at Brewsters

I stopped in to Brewsters at Meadowlark on Saturday for a nightcap (which was actually an evening-cap in my case) and tried a drink on the specialty menu that had me curious for a while: the beerlini. It is a pint of any of the beers on Brewsters' menu topped with peach bellini, which is sweet and has peach schnapps. I have had many a beer at Brewsters and numerous bellinis, but never thought of mixing them together. So, I ordered a beerlini with the Original Lager as the base. On my first sip, I tasted the bitterness of the beer first, with the peachy sweetness finishing off the flavour. The bellini made the drink extra cold - I could really see myself going for this in the summer - and got sweeter the further down the glass I went. Next time though, I would pick a less bitter beer like the Flying Frog or Wild West Wheat Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment