Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Vegging Out: Vegetarian Triple Decker at Friends and Neighbours

Veggie Clubhouse

I am starting to make Friends and Neighbours (10834 82 Avenue) a regular habit. Last week I tried the vegetarian club sandwich, which is a huge trip decker stacked with soy bacon, grilled tofu, lettuce, tomatoes, with roasted red pepper spread on toast. There appeared to be margarine on the bread as well - I am not sure if this can be held, as I know the buns and bagels are pre-margarined. The sandwich is too big to fit into most people's mouths. The soy bacon really steals the show, while the tofu was rather bland. I chose the house made has browns as my side. This is a very heart sandwich, but I prefer the veggie sandwich I had there on my previous visit, with just soy bacon, avocado, and spinach on a bagel.

No comments:

Post a Comment