Sunday, June 30, 2013

Breakfast for Lunch: Tofu Scramble at B's Diner

When I am hanging out on Whyte Avenue, I try to eat and drink at independent establishments. Although I have walked past B's Diner (10037 82 Ave.) many times, I was never able to stop in.

I had breakfast there on Saturday and enjoyed the air conditioned interior on a very hot day. I was also amazed at how extensive the menu was - full of all-day breakfast options, burgers, sandwiches, and other typical greasy spoon diner fare.

I went for the tofu scramble, which was huge. It filled the plate and was full of mushrooms and bell peppers (you get two filling choices), along with toast and hash browns. The tofu was a little on the bland side, but mixed with the potatoes and toast it worked. And for $7 it was a great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment