Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Breakfast for Lunch: Tofu Scramble with Soya Bacon at Friends and Neighbours

Tofu Scramble with Soya Bacon

I went to Friends and Neighbours (10834 82 Avenue) a long, long time ago, and recently started dining there regularly for pho (the restaurant is divided into two sections: pho/Vietnamese and Western, although one can order from either menu on either side). However, I decided to venture into the regular menu, which features a huge variety of vegetarian items. For a late lunch last week I had the tofu scramble with soya bacon. The tofu was chopped up to give a texture like scrambled eggs, with lots of white onion. The "bacon" was plentiful, crispy, and seasoned. It did not taste as much like bacon as other bacon substitutes I have tried, but it had a great flavour and is somewhat addictive. My only criticism would be that the onions in the scramble should have been cooked longer, as they were still very strong. I would possibly ask them to hold the onions next time. The meal was also served with a generous portion of pan-friend hash browns and two slices of toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment