Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Pho Files: Chicken Pho at Phobulous

Veggie Spring Rolls

I had lunch at Phobulous this week before Passover began, and just as I was coming down with a cold that required some hot soup. But first, I had a craving for some vegetarian spring rolls. Phobulous has a flavourful take on them, with cellophane noodles and taro adding layers of texture.

Onion Cake

What is a meal at a Vietnamese restaurant without green onion cakes? This was the veggie version (as opposed to the one with minced chicken in it). Crispy and chewy, it satisfied.

Chicken Pho

Pho ga (chicken pho) was my soup of choice because of the link between chicken soup and being sick. Tender, fresh pieces of chicken were plentiful in the broth - which was beef based. However, the flavours were complementary. It was hot and delicious, and had lots of noodles. I was very happy after, although still sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment