Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Beef Brisket Sliders at The Alibi Pub

Shaved brisket sliders. #yegfood

A post shared by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

I went to the Alibi on St. Patrick's Day because it was both convenient and I wanted to catch a music act playing there. Kudos to The Alibi for supporting local music. Being both a Friday night and St. Paddy's, the place was understandably packed. I got there around 7 and they were already out of a number of food items because, as my server later explained, they did not expect to be so busy. On a Friday night. On St. Patrick's Day. In a bar. Wow. It took a very long time for me to finally get my drink order in, and even longer to find out that what I ordered was not available. I ended up ordering something I really did not want, and I can't tell you if it was good or not because, honestly, I was so hungry by then it didn't matter. It was the beef brisket sliders, which was served on focaccia and covered in shredded lettuce. Lots and lots of lettuce, most of which I pushed away because it dominated the meat, which was sliced and diced and in a mild sauce. That's all I remember. And taking a cab home.

No comments:

Post a Comment