Sunday, September 25, 2011

Free the Burrito! Burrito Libre

Mexican is not usually my first choice for fast food. I find most of the choices available to be greasy and heavy, resulting in unpleasant side effects for myself and those around me.

So, it was with some reservations that I entered Burrito Libre. Not reservations in the traditional restaurant sense, as it operates as a fast food place, but I digress. Burrito Libre lets you pick your choice of burrito/bowl/salad, size, protein, fillings, sauces, and pretty much everything else.

I had a large chicken burrito bowl with black beans, corn, rice, roasted potatoes, mild salsa, chipotle sauce, lettuce, and guacamole (which cost a bit extra but was well worth it. Veggie burritos come with guacamole).

The photo here does not do the finished result justice. The mixture was colourful, flavourful, and filling without being too heavy. I added a pop and side of tortilla chips and salsa, which made up for the lack of a burrito wrap (which honestly, I did not miss).

Fresh food that is reasonably priced - I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment