Thursday, August 5, 2021

Fort Edmonton Food Update

Fort Edmonton Park has long been one of my favourite outdoor Edmonton attractions. It reopened this summer after a couple of years of renovations. Some of the new features include the Indigenous Peoples Experience and an enhanced midway. 

The food has also changed from the days of simple burgers and chicken fingers. The menus for the several food places at the park have some similarities, but different price points, with the Selkirk Hotel being the most expensive.

I had the Fort fingers and fries at Kelly’s Saloon. My three fingers were slightly over cooked,and chewy. Otherwise, the buttermilk coating was light and crispy. The curly fries were excellent - crispy and slightly spicy. The garlic mayo dip that came with the fingers also went well with the fries. 

My friend’s smoked meat sandwich was very thick. He enjoyed the side of slaw. The meat looked lean and tender to me. It’s on my list to try next time. 

You can also get an assortment of local craft sofas. I enjoy the Annex brand, especially the tangy, lemony ginger beer. In fact, you can also get actual beer from local breweries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment